Call to action:
Total budget of the call
Types of action which may be financed under this call include:
- fellowship actions for academic exchange at higher education institutions to improve professional experience in the field of interest, meet academic colleagues, develop a course or curriculum. Attending seminars, giving guest lectures and presentations at higher education institutions may be eligible as part of the larger experience project;
- fellowship actions for research in a specific field at a higher education institutions or research centers, including time in libraries and archives, field work (data collection); this may include international collaboration leading to peer reviewed articles;
- fellowship actions for non-paid internships at a higher education institution or a research center.
The target groups for this call:
- lecturers at universities;
- researchers at research institutions;
- PhD students.
Eligibility of applicants:
- be a natural person and
- be a citizen of the Republic of Belarus and
- reside in an EU member state or one of the Eastern partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) and
- be current or former lecturer, researcher and/or scientist at a higher education institution or a research institution in Belarus, or a doctoral/PhD student and
- demonstrate that the applicant has been under threats, actual persecution /repression, or risks of threatening, persecution, repressions on political grounds (based on official protocols or other documents, such as reference letters issued by independent civil society organisations, human rights activists, members of Coordination Committee, etc.) and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action, not acting as an intermediary.
Size of grants:
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 5,855 (3 months)
- maximum amount: EUR 11,435 (6 months)
Eligible direct costs:
- Monthly fellowship of EUR 1,860 for a maximum of 6 months to cover subsistence costs in the host country;
- Travel allowance of maximum EUR 275 for a return international trip to/from a country of residence and a country of the host institution (calculated as per Erasmus+) (https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/lt/node/2626);
Submission of project applications
CPMA International Development Cooperation Projects Division Senior Project Manager Audronė Uzielienė, e-mail email@example.com
The global objective of this call for proposals is to foster people-to-people contacts by increasing access to academic mobility opportunities and professional exposure in the EU.
The specific objective of this call for proposals is to support Belarusian lecturers, scientists, and PhD students affected by the current political crisis in Belarus to access EU-based universities and research institutes through individual fellowship grants.
- Enabling Belarusian applicants who have been subjected to threats and repressions on political grounds to continue their academic and/or pedagogical activity, upgrade their knowledge, build professional contacts in the EU countries.
- Support to Belarusian applicants who have been forced to relocate from Belarus to the EU due to the political crisis in Belarus.
Duration of the projects
The planned duration of an action is minimum three (3) months but may not exceed six (6) months.
Fellowships are expected to start indicatively from 1st October 2023 and be completed by 1st August 2024.
To support potential applicants, online information sessions will be organised on May 10 at 10:00 and May 30, 2023, at 15:00 EET/UTC+2.