Total budget of the call
1 000 000 EUR (Indicative allocation of funds: Lot 1 - 500.000 EUR and Lot 2 - 500.000 EUR)
Types of action which may be financed under this call include:
- Lot 1: academic research projects in the field of social sciences or humanities, preferably where the subject of research includes Belarus.
- Lot 2: academic research projects in all sciences and research areas that are not eligible to apply to Lot 1.
The target group for this call is:
- Citizens of Belarus who has left Belarus since no earlier than August 2020 due to repression or persecutions on political grounds and who are currently affiliated as researchers, PhD students and lecturers at European (EU, EEA, UK, EaP countries) university or research institution, including think tanks and research NGO, or who had been affiliated as researchers, lecturers or PhD students in Belarusian university or research institution, and has lost his/her position because of political reasons and repressions no earlier than August 2020 (concerns both those remaining in Belarus and in exile).
Eligibility of applicants:
- be a legal entity and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organization such as: academic institution, university and (or) research institutions and
- be established in a Member State of the European Union and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
Research team which has the following criteria:
- includes at least one citizen of Belarus who has left Belarus since no earlier than August 2020 due to repression or persecutions on political grounds and who is currently affiliated as researcher, PhD student and lecturer at European (EU, EEA, UK, EaP countries) university or research institution, including think tanks and research NGO, or who had been affiliated as researcher, lecturer or PhD student in Belarusian university or research institution, and has lost his/her position because of political reasons and repressions no earlier than August 2020 (concerns both those remaining in Belarus and in exile);
- includes at least one researcher that has worked in European academic institutions no less than 4 years before the application for this call of proposals;
- includes a leader of the research team who has a PhD or equivalent.
Submission of project applications
Applications must be submitted online via the electronic system “Submittable”.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to promote mobility and people-to-people contacts for Belarusian youth, academics, and professionals to benefit from access to higher education and opportunities for lifelong-learning compliant with the EU standards and values.
The specific objective of this call for proposals is provide opportunities for consolidating and preserving the Belarusian academic community and its integration in the common European educational space by promoting international cooperation through academic research project grants in the field of social sciences or humanities and falling into one or more of the following thematic priorities.
Project grant rate
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 50.000
- maximum amount: EUR 100.000
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: 80% of the total eligible costs of the action
- Maximum percentage: 95 % of the total eligible costs of the action
Eligible direct costs
- gross salaries including social security charges and other remuneration-related costs (excluding bonuses) of the research team members assigned to the Action;
- costs related to research team members’ participation in events:
- conferences, seminars, workshops and etc fees
- travel and subsistence costs for staff and other persons taking part in the action provided they do not exceed those normally borne by the beneficiary(ies) according to its rules and regulations. In addition, the rates published by the European Commission at the time of contract signature may never be exceeded;);
- costs of events (seminars, workshops, and etc.) organised by the applicant and directly related to the awarded grant;
- peer-review and editing costs of project results;
- publishing, translation, editing, visibility fees;
- software essential for project implementation;
- audit verification costs;
- duties, taxes and charges, including VAT related to the purposes of the action, paid and not recoverable by the beneficiary(ies), unless otherwise provided in the special conditions;
- financial services (bank guarantee costs, etc.)
Duration of the projects
The initial planned duration of an action must be between 6 months and 12 months.